Thursday 28 January 2016

On The Road Again

I drive a Jeep, but only get it muddy on occasion. 
Hi everyone, and welcome to Innovation On Wheels. Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog! Two of my passions in life are cars and technology. I'm hoping that with this blog, I'll be able to convey my combined love of these topics in a way that will be interesting, and maybe even – apologies in advance – educational too.

It’s safe to say that technology plays a huge role in our lives. Typically, new innovations aim to improve our lives in some form or another. Within the auto industry, this means finding new ways to keep drivers and their passengers safe, while also providing us with new conveniences and luxuries. 

It’s also interesting to note that innovations in the auto industry don’t just stay within the realm of passenger vehicles. Did you know that technologies are commonly transferred between ordinary road cars and Formula One race cars? It's hard to believe, but that strange looking hybrid car that you just passed on the highway has more in common with an F1 can than you might expect.

My friend's Mercedes 300E, before it joined the great
scrapheap in the sky.
From new infotainment systems that aim to fully integrate your smartphone in the car, to cars that practically drive themselves, I’ll be covering a wide range of topics. Some innovations are really useful, while others prove to be completely useless. I look forward to showcasing a bit of everything that’s out there today.  

Thanks for reading! 

3 comments:

  1. As someone who loves technology and nice cars, but doesn't keep up with the latest in vehicular trends, I'm looking forward to reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a lot of experience in this field, so I'm pretty curious to read your next posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool concept, Nate! As someone who strictly drives beaters, it's interesting to read about the other side. I'm personally looking forward to the day cars drive themselves.

    ReplyDelete